Saturday 30 April 2011

Maple Mousse in an Edible Container - Daring Bakers April Challenge

The April 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Evelyne of the blog Cheap Ethnic Eatz. Evelyne chose to challenge everyone to make a maple mousse in an edible container

Man, I procrastinated on this one!  I had heaps of ideas, but just couldn't choose one.  I think my problem was that I kept looking at the completed challenge forum and seeing that others had though of the same things as me!

In the end I decided to make some choccies with the maple mousse as a filling.

To keep with the spirit of the orginal example I candied some bacon with maple syrup, chopped it up really finely an popped into the chocolate mould with the maple mousse.

I was really happy with the results, as I have never made filled chocolates before!  My Lucinda loved them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment